I met a Pal! Yes, I did... and I don't meet folks easily. If you know me, I'm an introvert and love communications via email and postal letters, but having lunch is scary as anything to me! I don't like roller coasters, but I'd prefer riding one to meeting someone. Grin!
On Friday, I met a Beth G., a new reader and pal from my local area. I was surprised to find a pal who lives so near me, after publishing all these years. This never happened before! So, I got gutsy -- I wrote on the envelope mailing of Inky Trail News -- "Let's meet for Lunch!"
We met at the Salad Garden in Mt. Clemens on Friday... and she was delightful. We talked pals, homes, employment and the hour lunch flew by. I'm sure we'll get together again!
Beth writes to foreign pals, my biggest interest (before ITN as I have no time for pals now),... and so it was very interesting to chat as we had something in common.
Thanks Beth for a nice lunch hour! Hopefully, we'll get together again soon!
Sunday, April 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment